Paturel International Company
Quality Products & Global Reach
Building on our existing five acre natural live lobster pound, the company has created a live lobster and fresh seafood "quality powerhouse." Using the most efficient equipment and processes, Deer Island is now capable of holding over 200,000 pounds of live lobster in an indoor, cold water system. Our new holding capacity enhances our natural, outdoor tidal pounds with an immeasurable capacity, giving customers guaranteed availability year round.
In addition, a tote-room offers extra capacity to our sophisticated live lobster holding methods. It is fully equipped with a trickle down cold water system that maximizes our plant capacity while creating a stringent, inventory-controlled environment.
- Paturel® International has 40,000 square feet of BRC certified plant in the perfect location.
- Strategically located within the harvesting areas of Canada and nearby Maine, Paturel is situated right over the border, in the Bay of Fundy
- The Bay of Fundy has the highest tides in the world, making its waters incredibly pristine.
- The facility is powered by a constant filtration system of fresh water, fed by natural waters from the Bay of Fundy.
- This system simulates a natural habitat for the lobsters traveling through the plant.
- The tote room holds 90,000 lbs. of lobster at one time.
- Our trickle down system holds 120,000 lbs. of lobster and runs on a sophisticated refrigeration unit.
Live Lobster Pounds
Sanitary Clean Rooms
Value Added Lines